The TSSR Registry Office is under going some changes. Some of these changes include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Online forms to streamlined applications.
- Online payments to help reduce the amount of time spent on collections of past due accounts. All applications will require payment upfront prior to processing.
- You will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of your application, this will let you know that your application has been received and will also let you know if we are still awaiting additional information from you (or your breeder or the stud owner) in order to compete your request.
- Registration Certificates will be issued electronically by default. Our new fee schedule will reflect this new procedure. Options for mailed hard copies will be made available at a small additional charge.
- The Registry Office will have regular office hours in order to expedite your requests.
CAPTCHA; thank you for your patience with this. It can be tricky, but it is a necessary evil against the spammers. Be sure to use your browser’s back button to return to the previous screen.
FAQ .:. Frequently Asked Questions
DNA Kit, what is it and why do I need it?
DNA testing required on all dogs with permanent TSSR Registration in order that we may show positive parentage of your dog.
- Order DNA Kit [HERE]
- If you order your DNA test independently, be sure to send a copy of the report directly to TSSR.
- UC Davis Diversity Panel does not test for parentage; contact us for assistance to get this matched.
Health Testing. Why do you require them and what kinds of tests are you looking for?
Health testing is one of the hallmarks of breeding sound Shiloh Shepherds. The following tests can be seen in many litter announcements
- Hips, required (see current TSSR rules & regulations for details)
- Elbows, highly recommended
- Heart, required (see current TSSR rules & regulations for details)
- Heart holter, required (see current TSSR rules & regulations for details)
- Thyroid, highly recommended
- Eyes, highly recommended
- TLI, recommended
- DM (degenerative myelopathy) DNA test, highly recommended
Payment? Is it required upfront?
Yes, all fees must be paid in full at time of application. Papers will not be issued until payment is made.
Suspension? Are there reasons you will not issue my papers?
- All Breeders in violation of TSSR Breeder Code of Ethics will not be issued papers until new copy of Code of Ethics is signed and on file
- Violation of TSSR Registry Rules & Regulations
My Stud hasn't turned 2 years old, can I use him?
Yes, the TSSR, has some exceptions in place for permission to use a stud that is between 13 and 23 months of age.
- Stud must qualify with all exception regulations
- Any exception must be presented to the TSSR BOD for review PRIOR to breeding.
- Learn More and request an exception [HERE]